A message from Owatonna Chamber of Commerce President Brad Meier
Thu, 03/19/2020 - 3:06pm admin
Chamber Members & Friends,
I hope you are doing well. We are now starting to see the impact of business closures of dining in, gathering spots, hair salons and more. These closures impact close to 100 businesses in the Owatonna area.
We are seriously concerned about the impact on these businesses and their employees.
Yesterday, our team at the Chamber contacted all of our restaurants and compiled a listing of those businesses providing carside/to go/and deliveries.
Today we are updating other business changes: closures, reduced hours, access changes to businesses. If you are adjusting at your business schedule send us an email with the changes.
Our top priority at the chamber is working to keep our businesses functioning and those who have forced closures-solvent during this period of time.
For Businesses that had to close or partially close, 4 things to keep in mind:
- This is about survival during a period of time.
- Talk to your financial institution now about cash flow challenges and ways they can assist so that you can reopen-call them before things get bad.
- We were part of a call with DEED Commissioner today they expect the SBA Loan portal for Minnesota to open in the next 24-48 hours.
- The MN Chamber has developed 8 ways the State Legislature and Governor can help business right now: Everything from property, sales and income tax extensions to waiving of fees and fund to defray costs.
For employees who are being laid off because of coronavirus, there is unemployment insurance available go to UIMN.org
To all of our members:
- Our Chamber resources are dedicated to getting you the right information and sharing your changes.
- We are concerned for your well being and on-going operations. We will push additional shop local marketing today-feel free to share it.
- We are urging state leaders to do MORE for businesses.
- We are working on additional ideas to help you through this including more resources.
- Consider us an extension of your team
Chamber Event Information
- A reminder that all Chamber events through Friday, April 3rd are cancelled
- We will reevaluate any future Chamber events after April 3rd but at this time these are the only events to be cancelled.
On a personal note, please keep in mind local businesses and organizations, government leaders, healthcare workers, and those infected by with this virus.